Tania de Jong – Heaven on Earth
Tania has released her first solo album titled ‘Heaven on Earth’. Working with acclaimed pianist, composer and arranger Joe Chindamo this CD features some of the most heavenly music ever written. She has generously donated 50% of the proceeds of the sale of 10 CDs to the Shelter.
[wp_cart_button name=”HeavenOnEarth” price=”24.95″] [show_wp_shopping_cart]
Songs of Love, Light and Angels for relaxation, reflection, meditation and illumination.
Heaven on Earth is a classical spiritual recording bringing together the angelic voice of sopranoTania de Jong with the virtuosic genius of pianist, composer and arranger Joe Chindamo. Also appearing on the album is one of Australia’s most acclaimed violinists Zoe Black and baritoneJonathan Morton. The album has been recorded with some of Australia’s leading musicians.
The album includes originals Heaven on Earth, Rainbow Shower and Peace Om shanti with compositions by Chindamo and lyrics by de Jong. There are also reinventions of some gorgeous standards including Summertime, Somewhere from Westside Story and La Vie en Rose and glorious classical reinventions of some of the greatest symphonies and concertos. The recording features the work of Beethoven, Mozart, Faure, Elgar and Dvorák though not always in the way you may expect.
The songs range from Mozart’s glorious Clarinet Concerto Adagio to Beethoven’s 5th Piano Concerto renamed Bring the Light, Elgar’s majestic Nimrod Variations retitled Light Eternal,Faure’s haunting Pavane as Angel Song and Dvorak’s New World Symphony as the moving spiritual Going Home.
Tania said: “In every piece there is something new that will bring you the music in a way you have not heard it before. The songs are all about journeying beyond the here and now, opening your heart, finding your light, letting it shine, the importance of love and the reminder that there is only this present moment. I hope you find as much light, joy, love and peace in this music as I do.”
- Heaven on Earth, composer Joe Chindamo, lyrics Tania de Jong and Joe Chindamo
- La Vie En Rose (1945), lyrics Edith Piaf, composers Marguerite Monnot & Louis Guglielmi, arr. Joe Chindamo
- Passing Time, adapted from 7th Symphony in A Major, Allegretto, composer Ludwig van Beethoven (1811-1812), arr. Joe Chindamo, lyrics Tania de Jong
- This day will not come again, adapted from Clarinet Concerto K.622 in A major, Adagio, composer W. A. Mozart (1791), arr. Joe Chindamo, lyrics Tania de Jong
- Soul Journey, excerpt from the Prelude to Infinity (2004), composer Robert Haig Coxon, lyrics Tania de Jong
- Light Eternal, adapted from Nimrod variations, composer Edward Elgar, arr. Joe Chindamo, lyrics Tania de Jong
- Somewhere from Westside Story (1957), composer Leonard Bernstein, lyrics Stephen Sondheim, arr. Joe Chindamo
- Angel Song, adapted from Pavane in F sharp minor, Op. 50, composer Gabriel Fauré (1887), arr. Joe Chindamo
- My Breaking Heart, based on Neapolitan song Core n’grato (1911), composer Salvatore Cardillo, lyrics Alessandro Sisca, arr. Joe Chindamo
- Rainbow Shower, composer Joe Chindamo
- Summertime from Porgy and Bess (1935), composer George Gershwin, lyrics DuBose Heyward, arr. Joe Chindamo
- Peace Om shanti, composer Joe Chindamo, lyrics Tania de Jong
- Bring the Light, adapted from Piano Concerto No. 5 in E flat major, Op. 73, Adagio (Emperor Concerto), composer Ludwig van Beethoven, arr. Joe Chindamo, lyrics Tania de Jong
- Goin’ Home, adapted from Symphony No. 9 in E minor (From the New World) Op. 95, B. 178, Largo (1893), composer Antonín Dvo?ák, arr. Joe Chindamo